Office of Rent Administration
- The Rent Code Amendments of 2014 have required the Office of Rent Administration to create new and updated Publications. Please access the following link Rent Code Amendments 2014 to review this material and please continue to do so in the weeks ahead as new material will be continuously added to the website.
- Operational Bulletin 2005-1- Supplement No. 2 – Surcharges For Tenant Installed Washing Machines, Dryers and Dishwashers has been updated.
- Owners can now file an Owner’s Application to Restore Rent online. Please access our Owner Rent Regulation Applications system for additional details on this latest service enhancement.
- All Annual Rent Registrations must be submitted through the Owner Rent Regulation Applications system. If you previously used Annual Rent Registration Online (ARRO), your User ID will not change. To request access to the Owner Rent Regulation Application system, email PSU@nyshcr.org and include your full name, company name (if applicable), mailing address and phone number. A User ID will be emailed to you.
- Owners can now print certified rent rolls using ARRO. See ARRO Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) item 16 for details.
- In March, the Office of Rent Administration issued…
- 44 Rent Overcharge Orders establishing legal rents and directing refunds in excess of $110,000
- 40 Lease Renewal Orders directing the issuance or correction of a lease renewal
- 83 Decrease in Services Orders directing that repairs be made and rents lowered until such time that repairs are made
- 57 Major Capital Improvement Orders for items valued in excess of $10,475,000
- Over 125 building owners received technical assistance with online filings at the Borough/District Rent Offices and over 14,000 tenants and owners were given access to records, applications and information at these offices and by contacting the Info Line.
- Rent Stabilized Apartments - Increases for Vacancy and Renewal Leases
October 1, 2013 – September 30, 2014
Last Updated: 04/03/14