Office of Rent Administration
Recently revised forms and information:
- On Thursday, September 1, 2016 the Bronx Borough Rent Office was relocated to 1 Fordham Plaza, 4th Floor, Bronx, NY 10458
- Fact Sheets 20, 21,31, 31a, 31b and Forms RR-1i, RR-2i, RR-3i, RTP-13A/RTP-13I have been revised.
- Fact Sheets 5, 21, 24, 30, Operational Bulletin 2016-1 and Policy Statement 93-2 have been translated into Spanish, Italian, Korean, Haitian-Creole, Traditional Chinese and Russian.
Our Core Case Processing
- In October, the Office of Rent Administration issued:
- 67 Rent Overcharge Orders establishing legal rents and directing refunds in excess of $573,000
- 54 Lease Renewal Orders directing the issuance or correction of a lease renewal
- 189 Decrease in Services Orders directing that repairs be made and rents lowered until such time that repairs are made
- 152 Major Capital Improvement Orders for the installation of new items such as boilers, windows and roofs valued in excess of $36,570,000 benefiting over 6,330 apartments
- 73 building owners received technical assistance with online filings at the Borough/District Rent Offices and over 12,000 tenants and owners were given access to records, applications and information at these offices and by contacting the Info Line
Rent Registration and Rent Increases