Office of Rent Administration
Recently revised forms and information:
- HCR has issued updated versions of Form RA-79 and RA-79 Instructions “ Owner’s Application for Rent Increase Based on Major Capital Improvements (MCI).” Beginning September 1, 2016, HCR will no longer accept filings of previous versions of this form.
- HCR has issued Operational Bulletin 2016-1- Individual Apartment Improvements that addresses topics such as proof of payment, lump sum costs, useful life, identity of interest, cash payment and qualifying improvements.
- HCR has developed a J-51 Rent Registration Initiative FAQ to provide more detailed guidance to owners and tenants and further clarify rights and responsibilities associated with this initiative.
- The Rent Registration Unit (formerly known as the Processing Services Unit) has been relocated to DHCR/ ORA 92- 31 Union Hall Street, Jamaica NY 11433.
Our Core Case Processing
- In July, the Office of Rent Administration issued:
- 49 Rent Overcharge Orders establishing legal rents and directing refunds in excess of $283,500
- 48 Lease Renewal Orders directing the issuance or correction of a lease renewal
- 145 Decrease in Services Orders directing that repairs be made and rents lowered until such time that repairs are made
- 124 Major Capital Improvement Orders for the installation of new items such as boilers, windows and roofs valued in excess of $23,269,600 benefiting over 5,084 apartments
- 113 building owners received technical assistance with online filings at the Borough/District Rent Offices and over 12,500 tenants and owners were given access to records, applications and information at these offices and by contacting the Info Line
Rent Registration and Rent Increases