Office of Rent Administration
Recently revised forms and information:
- HCR has issued Operational Bulletin 2016-1- Individual Apartment Improvements that addresses topics such as proof of payment, lump sum costs, useful life, identity of interest, cash payment and qualifying improvements.
- HCR has developed a J-51 Rent Registration Initiative FAQ to provide more detailed guidance to owners and tenants and further clarify rights and responsibilities associated with this initiative.
- The Rent Registration Unit (formerly known as the Processing Services Unit) has been relocated to DHCR/ ORA 92- 31 Union Hall Street, Jamaica NY 11433.
- The Owner Rent Regulation Applications system has been expanded to include the 2016 ETPA Guideline Survey Schedule. This survey is required to be completed electronically.
- Rent Stabilization Lease Rider For Apartment House Tenants Residing In New York City (RA-LR1)
Our Core Case Processing
- In April, the Office of Rent Administration issued:
- 77 Rent Overcharge Orders establishing legal rents and directing refunds in excess of $417,000
- 50 Lease Renewal Orders directing the issuance or correction of a lease renewal
- 139 Decrease in Services Orders directing that repairs be made and rents lowered until such time that repairs are made
- 126 Major Capital Improvement Orders for the installation of new items such as boilers, windows and roofs valued in excess of $30,600,000 benefiting over 5,160 apartments
- 102 building owners received technical assistance with online filings at the Borough/District Rent Offices and over 12,500 tenants and owners were given access to records, applications and information at these offices and by contacting the Info Line
Rent Registration and Rent Increases