HOME Program Monitoring Guide for State Recipients and Subrecipients
HTFC HOME State Recipient/Subrecipient Closeout Procedures
Close out procedures for New York State HOME Program State Recipients and Subrecipients ("recipients") that have expended all funds and completed all program activity include the following:
- Verify that IDIS and SHARS reports show that grant is 100% completed (project completion reports submitted for total value of grant).
- Recipient must have been monitored, and all monitoring findings resolved, with letters exchanged.
- Verify that amount of funds disbursed to recipient equals amount of funds drawn by State from HUD as reported by IDIS system.
- Verify that all buildings associated with project are entered in SHARS and linked to the project.
- Determine whether latest recipient audit that was submitted reports on all HOME funds disbursed. If not, determine scheduled date for audit submission.
- Issue closeout letter with latest IDIS report.
- Verify return of letter, signed by recipient.
- Close out contract and project in SHARS.
Last updated on 10/29/03